"Deals" via Budget in Google Reader

Saturday, December 18, 2010

What to Pay - Small toys

Melissa & Doug Geometric Stacker

After talking with a few other parents, I think I may be the minority when it comes to toys and feeling like we have too many, which is why I asked friends and family to donate to a family trying to adopt an orphan from Eastern Europe instead of toys this year. After having Christmas with my family recently, I realized that they really enjoy buying my son toys, so asking them not to, is kind of an insult, but he has so much!

Anyways, back to the toys. My adivce (if you want to take it after reading the above), don't buy them unless you love them. I got a garbage bag of free toys from a relative that I didn't have to pay a penny for. Not to mention, mom2mom and garage sales are almost giving toys away by the end of the day.

Some of my favorite purchases:
Alphabet Blocks $1.50

Fisher-Price Stacking Action Blocks$ .25

As I am sitting here trying to think of other toys I have personally purchased for him, I can't think of anymore...

His personal favorites right now are:
  • An old kleenex box that he puts things in and take them out of
  • An old paper towel roll that he makes noises in and hits things with
  • Laundry baskets. He likes putting things in and taking them out and pushing them around the house. Infact his first steps were from one laundry basket to another.
  • A child size broom that was mine when I was a kid.
  • Beany Babies that I planned to save, sell and make millions on (but so did everyone else, so that plan failed).
  • Packaging of any kind.
  • Any book.

What are your kids favorite toys? Do you feel like they have too much, just enough or not enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment