"Deals" via Budget in Google Reader

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What to Pay - Rocking Chair

Shermag Glider Rocker w/ Ottoman in Cherry

We use our rocker all the time. However, we can't always rock in it because it squeaks. We have tried to oil it a few times, but it doesn't seem to work. I think the next step will be to buy some tools to take it apart to really get the oil deep inside. 

This was a super hard purchase for me. I wanted a glider (because everyone said that is what you need). We went from store to store to store to find the perfect one for the perfect price and never did find one. I wanted something to go with our Primary color theme and I wanted something cheap. Well, neither of those options existed. 

A friend ended up getting me one at a thrift store that needed new pads, so in the end I did get exactly what I wanted: A glider rocker with a cover that perfectly matched our nursery (because I made it). However, now that I am an experienced Mom, I think the perfect nursery chair would be a lazy-boy. Unless you have strick rules that baby should always sleep in his or her crib, having a place that I could rock baby to sleep and then recline so I could sleep would have been really nice on those nights where he has a cough or is congested. 

I never saw a glider rocker and ottoman for under $150 in the store. I think they have them around that price at target, but any furniture store we went to did not have them under $300. I have seen them used for $30, but you will want to make sure they are squeak free. 

What do you think the perfect type of chair for the nursery is? What do you have? Were you able to re purpose a chair you already had? If you bought yours, did you get a good deal?




No comments:

Post a Comment