"Deals" via Budget in Google Reader

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Baby Stuff - What about me?

I want to apologize ahead of time for this blog as it is going to be a bit "weak".  I was absent the day that fashion sense was handed out and thus I have none. I would have been just fine wearing my husbands clothes the whole time I was pregnant and probably would have if I thought I could get away with it.

What about you? We are buying all this fun stuff for baby, but you are the one doing all the work right now :)

Where to buy?
Mom 2 Mom Sales - This is where most of my clothes were purchased and I was probably better dressed while I was pregnant that I dressed before or after. Because most woman are only pregnant a few times and possibly during different seasons, you can get like new clothes at a used price. There were a ton of cute things that were only worn a few times and cost about $2 or $3 each.

Kohls -  Their selection is not great, but they do have quite a few sales. Again, since you will probably only fit into them a hand full of times, quality is not super important.

Target - Target probably had the best selection when I was pregnant, but sales were hit or miss and I didn't really like anything there, but I know a lot of other people who adore the store.

Old Navy - Our Old Navy has since added a maternity section since I had my son, so I cannot speak from experience here, but when I was there the other day, they had some cute stuff.

Motherhood - I went in here a few times, but only bought something once. The prices were not horrible, but not like what I could pay at a mom 2 mom sale.
Freebee Alert: They also usually have a gift pack for signing up. I got a bottle and pacifier.

Other Advice:
Budget for a splurge - If you can, save a bit of money for something you love. Remember how I said I did buy one thing at Motherhood?  My baby shower was coming up and I felt huge and wanted something that made me "look pretty". It was a navy blue polka dot dress and I paid full price for it (which I almost never do). However, I love the dress. It looked great for the shower, and I can still wear it now. I think it was worth the money.

Get to know other Moms - Other Moms can be extremely generous!
Two of my experiences:
  • A friend of mine was pregnant at the same time I was. Someone that her co-worker knew that was done having kids offered all of her clothes to her for free. THERE WERE THREE WHOLE GARBAGE BAGS OF CLOTHES. They ranged in sizes and my friend is smaller than I am, so she and I went through all of the clothes and I took the ones that didn't fit her or complement her, she took the ones that she liked and there were still some left!
  • An aunt of mine was going to sell her clothes in a garage sale and let me pick through them first and buy anything that I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment