"Deals" via Budget in Google Reader

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Baby Stuff - What Can I Make?

Technically I suppose you can make everything your baby needs if you are extremely skilled in many areas.

I however am not.

There are some neat tutorials out there on things that you can easily make.

Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Ring Sling-New 2010 Colors (Medium, Dark Grey Stripe)
Make your own Ring Sling

 FreeHand Mei Tai Baby Carrier Embroidered Designs, Nest
Make your own Mei Tai Carrier
Moby Wrap Original 100% Cotton Solid Baby Carrier, Chocolate
Make your own Moby Wrap -  All you need is about 5 yards of Jersey material. You can cut it in 3 pieces lengthwise and you will get THREE wraps. There are a ton of videos on youtube on the many ways to wear these and I will try to do a blog about wraps as well.

Make your own booties

Make your own boppy cover

Make your own cloth diapers

Make your own wipes (you can use wash clothes too)- Thanks Becky C

I also absolutely LOVE the blog Smashed Peas and Carrots for ideas on other things that you can make.

What have I made?
  • I made a few pairs of booties for my son and for gifts when he was about 9 months old. 
  • I made a ring sling.
  • I tried making my own wipes, both cloth and disposable, but I will share details in a later post.
  • I made my own rocking chair cover. I was given a used glider rocker as a gift, but it needed a new cover. I wanted it to match my nursery bedding (that my Mom made for me before I was born) and I found some adorable large buttons as well.


 

Have you made anything for your kids or as gifts for other kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment